What's going on here?

What's going on here?
Well Amanda and Emily both have goals to write more. Amanda wants to write a poem and a half a day for the next year, while Emily wants to write for National Write a Novel Month (NaNoWriMo), which is usually in November, but she is going to do it from now until her mission on May 18th. Here is were you can follow us in our goals! Leave comments, encouragement, and what ever else you feel like.

Monday, April 11, 2011

Paranoia

I’m sorry.

I’m sorry if perchance I’m pissing you off, bugging you, or not really your friend.

I’m sorry if you don’t think I belong here, I am cool enough, or that I’m intruding.

I will back off. I’ll disappear. I’ll fade into the background.

You don’t need to worry about me. Don’t worry about me. I’m gone.

But in the off chance that you aren’t thinking any of these things

Let me know?

I mean we’ve all had our fair share of knives in the back

but if you want to see a map of them mine are fresh and many.

I’ve got new ones cropping up every day and so I’m a little gun shy,

Or rather knife shy.

So I’ve got some major trust issues.

Coupled with some friendship paranoia.

I know I may seem rough and rude,

but that doesn’t mean I don’t want to be friends.

In all honesty in means I need you more.

I need you to stay.

I need you to say I am here.

I need you to have patience with me.

Because my eyes will go wide.

My mind will race

and my heart will be out the door.

I’m sorry I can’t just look at you and know we are friends.

No I look at you and see knives large and small.

I see all of the ways you could hurt me.

But I’m still here.

Still trying.

I hope you are too.

No comments:

Post a Comment