What's going on here?

What's going on here?
Well Amanda and Emily both have goals to write more. Amanda wants to write a poem and a half a day for the next year, while Emily wants to write for National Write a Novel Month (NaNoWriMo), which is usually in November, but she is going to do it from now until her mission on May 18th. Here is were you can follow us in our goals! Leave comments, encouragement, and what ever else you feel like.

Thursday, April 21, 2011

(2/2) Thanks (This one is for all of my friends this semester)

I want to say thank you.
Thank you for something I don’t quite understand myself.
Thank you for what you guys did.
And I’m sure you want no thank you.
No need for praise,
But it’s been nagging at me and this is the best way to accomplish it.
So thank you.
And you’ll say for what?
And I’ll say I don’t know.
Because I’ve been trying to write a song about it
And I’ve attempted a couple poems about it
But I don’t know what it is.
I don’t know exactly what I’m saying thank you for.
So let me just say this.
Thank you for getting me out of the house.
Thank you for restoring my faith in friendship.
Thank you for making me appreciate poetry again.
Thank you for reawakening music for me.
Thank you for not letting me dwell.
Thank you for reminding me I’m not the only one going through hell.
Thank you for teaching me it’s okay to cry.
Thank you for just letting me sleep on your couch.
Thank you for not making me be alone.
Thank you for letting me serve.
Thank you for chatting with me at one in the morn.
Thank you for shaking me awake.
Thank you.
And I would list your names,
But you know who you are.
And if you think you might be
You probably are.
I learned so much from you.
I can’t put my finger on what it is,
But I did.
So Thank you.

No comments:

Post a Comment