What's going on here?

What's going on here?
Well Amanda and Emily both have goals to write more. Amanda wants to write a poem and a half a day for the next year, while Emily wants to write for National Write a Novel Month (NaNoWriMo), which is usually in November, but she is going to do it from now until her mission on May 18th. Here is were you can follow us in our goals! Leave comments, encouragement, and what ever else you feel like.

Thursday, April 21, 2011

"Grown Up"

You say something must be wrong

Cause of the way my eyes are clouded over and my mind is somewhere else.

You ask what made me sad

Cause I am not laughing and joking the way I normally do.

But you don’t realize that’s not the problem.

There is no problem.

No problem at all.

Just a mind somewhere else.

A mind running over miles of past.

Remembering things that have come and gone.

And its not that I miss them, its not that I want them to come back.

No I just want to think about them.

Think about the way I laughed so easily.

Think about the way I slept so easily, when I had the chance to sleep.

Think about the way I could just walk down my street and see the people who made life worth living.

But that time is gone. Those years of simplicity are past.

Now it is time to grow up, and face my future.

So I’m sorry I don’t appear the happy bubbly girl you sent off to school.

She is still there, sitting on her porch with her guitar.

The girl you see before you has set her teeth,

Has set her eyes on the future

And is ready to power through these cubicle months.

So I’m sorry I’m not smiling.

I didn’t realize that was required to be a “grown-up”.

No comments:

Post a Comment