What's going on here?

What's going on here?
Well Amanda and Emily both have goals to write more. Amanda wants to write a poem and a half a day for the next year, while Emily wants to write for National Write a Novel Month (NaNoWriMo), which is usually in November, but she is going to do it from now until her mission on May 18th. Here is were you can follow us in our goals! Leave comments, encouragement, and what ever else you feel like.

Tuesday, April 26, 2011

(2/2) Lovesick

You’d think I would have learned from someone elses mistake. Don’t go trying to fix something you know won’t let you mend it.

Don’t feed something that’s bit every person whose approached it open handed.

I should’ve saw the way you look out of the corner of your eyes just like I do.

The hungry animal look you get when a pretty girl walks by, just like with you I do.

The way you lick your lips when you’re feeling mischievous just like I do.

I should’ve saw it and saw that this was never gonna work. That I should just pack it up and ship it in.

But I didn’t. I kept thinking maybe if you saw it.

If you saw the way my hands were made for stitching up hearts.

The way I can always manage a smile for you even when we’re both thrown into the dark

The way our hearts beat at different tempos but to the same notes

If you could see that you’d see that this isn’t just a me thing.

This is a we thing.

We could be great together.

We could dominate together.

With your scattered artistry and with my careful planning

We could’ve woven a life together that could’ve made us both happy.

Neither of us have delusions of love that we’re made for each other

But finding someone you can fit with and loving them enough to stay together

But I was wrong.

I thought I had it all planned out and had it perfect.

I thought I saw things clearly.

But clearly I was wrong.

Because you and I are broken.

Broken in a way we can’t fix each other.

You’re broken and you don’t care

While I’m broken and care too much.

There is too much heart in this soul

And too much soul for your heart.

So I may compare you to a wolf, or a beaten dog, or a tiger or a ferocious wild shrew.

But really you and I are nothing and honestly you are just you.

You are not some mythical creature, nor some wild anxious beast.

You are simply a boy who is broken.

And who I can’t fix, you see.

I saw so many people, in my life and on tv

Try and fix the flaws in their partner, and change them to who they thought they should be.

But I don’t have that influence, and you don’t have that wish.

So lets just bury and forget about all of this.

No comments:

Post a Comment