What's going on here?

What's going on here?
Well Amanda and Emily both have goals to write more. Amanda wants to write a poem and a half a day for the next year, while Emily wants to write for National Write a Novel Month (NaNoWriMo), which is usually in November, but she is going to do it from now until her mission on May 18th. Here is were you can follow us in our goals! Leave comments, encouragement, and what ever else you feel like.

Monday, March 26, 2012

Like Falling Alseep Under Water

”I fell in love the way you fall asleep:
slowly, and then all at once.” – John Green

I was just standing there
Numbering your positives on my fingers.
I wrote 1, 2, 3 on my fingertips
And then all of a sudden my arms were full of ink blue numbers.
I was drowning in reasons I loved you.
You filled me up with love
And it burbled out my throat
like all the fountains in all the city squares.
I didn’t think it was likely
But for the first in all my life I’d fallen completely.

But there was no point.
No reason to feel this way
Because you had no idea
And you never would.
So I drowned quietly on the nights where the rain hit my window
And I drowned in the days where I sat alone.
But most of all I drowned in the moments where I remembered you were not mine.
I gasped for air some days
And some days I was able to gather enough oxygen to seem normal.
But there were still the days I drowned on love.
Days where it was just clear that it was just like all the fountains in all the city squares,
Useless,
Pointless
And
Frivolous.

Ink blue stains across my arms
But its all adding up to your name
And thought it seemed miraculous at first.
I wish it weren’t anymore.
I wish I’d stayed awake.
I wish I’d never fallen asleep under water.

No comments:

Post a Comment