What's going on here?

What's going on here?
Well Amanda and Emily both have goals to write more. Amanda wants to write a poem and a half a day for the next year, while Emily wants to write for National Write a Novel Month (NaNoWriMo), which is usually in November, but she is going to do it from now until her mission on May 18th. Here is were you can follow us in our goals! Leave comments, encouragement, and what ever else you feel like.

Wednesday, March 28, 2012

Learning to Get Over

I wish someone would’ve told me what it felt like when I was young.
The act of getting over someone.
What it felt like to not hate them anymore.
But to still feel that twinge where they’ve claimed a part of your heart forever.
I wish someone had told me it was gradual.
So I didn’t spend so many days slamming my head into walls
To drown the pain of them out with new pain.
But I guess that’s part of growing up.
I guess that part of being an adult.
Knowing the only way to wake up and not think of them
Is to wake up so many days with them being the only thing on my mind.
But I’m old enough to know now.
Old enough to know that love like that sticks to you.
There is always going to be a place in your heart where they fit.
A place only they have claim over.
I am old enough to know that now.
And I’m old enough to know the reason they don’t tell you this when you’re younger
Is because it can’t be taught.
It can only be learned.

No comments:

Post a Comment