What's going on here?

What's going on here?
Well Amanda and Emily both have goals to write more. Amanda wants to write a poem and a half a day for the next year, while Emily wants to write for National Write a Novel Month (NaNoWriMo), which is usually in November, but she is going to do it from now until her mission on May 18th. Here is were you can follow us in our goals! Leave comments, encouragement, and what ever else you feel like.

Wednesday, February 22, 2012

Taking Things Seriously

I tried to laugh it off.
Tried to imagine everything that happened
As just a joke.
Just the sill musings of a child.
But I can’t do that anymore
Can’t short change
The change you caused in me.
Being broken like that
Being disassembled piece by piece
And hearing my worst fear
Come true
Change me.
Made me stronger.
Made me calmer.
Made me braver.
Made me realize I would never be the monster you and I imagined me to be.
So I won’t just laugh it off.
I won’t minimize the effect you had on me.
I can no longer deny how your actions changed me.
For who I am now
Is not who I was then
But so much more
And so much better
Than the child you broke down
Piece by piece. 

No comments:

Post a Comment