What's going on here?

What's going on here?
Well Amanda and Emily both have goals to write more. Amanda wants to write a poem and a half a day for the next year, while Emily wants to write for National Write a Novel Month (NaNoWriMo), which is usually in November, but she is going to do it from now until her mission on May 18th. Here is were you can follow us in our goals! Leave comments, encouragement, and what ever else you feel like.

Wednesday, February 22, 2012

Constant Contact

I miss warmth.
It seems my toes are constantly cold.
And I don’t remember feeling this way
I’ve spent time in far colder places
Frozen ice packed ground for seven of the twelve months.
But now I’m cold.
Cold without that family.
The constant contact we all shared.
The chains of warmth we used to bind ourselves in.
Any combination of snuggling
To keep our bodies, hearts and minds warm.
Constant contact as if to say
“You’re not alone”.
But now my toes are cold.
I pull blanket after blanket over me
But I’ve never felt as warm
As I did when it was
Minus thirty degrees. 

No comments:

Post a Comment