What's going on here?

What's going on here?
Well Amanda and Emily both have goals to write more. Amanda wants to write a poem and a half a day for the next year, while Emily wants to write for National Write a Novel Month (NaNoWriMo), which is usually in November, but she is going to do it from now until her mission on May 18th. Here is were you can follow us in our goals! Leave comments, encouragement, and what ever else you feel like.

Wednesday, January 4, 2012

New Colored Sunset

I watched the sun set over different mountains today
Mountains I can’t trace in my sleep
And I thought I saw a new color.
I thought I saw something between blue and orange and purple
Mixed into the sky
I looked at it and I called it your name.
Because you’re something new.
Something I can’t quite define yet.
Something I can’t express in words or paintings or poetry
And I looked at that sunset over new mountains
And I knew you would never see that sunset
I knew you and I would never share a sunset
Let alone this one over these mountains.
And a part of me was sad.
A part of me wished I could reach out
Wrap it up
And mail it to you.
Wherever you are.
Wherever you end up
Just this sunset over these mountains to remind you of me.
I wish you could have this sunset.
But a part of me didn’t mind.
A part of me said
It’s okay.
It’s over now.
You can rest.
But I wish you could see the sunset.
I wish you and I could trace these new mountains across each other’s palms
Singing new songs about this new color and this new place
I wish I could find some way to share this with you.
But I know I won’t.
And I know you won’t care. And I know I will have someone else to share sunsets with

No comments:

Post a Comment