What's going on here?

What's going on here?
Well Amanda and Emily both have goals to write more. Amanda wants to write a poem and a half a day for the next year, while Emily wants to write for National Write a Novel Month (NaNoWriMo), which is usually in November, but she is going to do it from now until her mission on May 18th. Here is were you can follow us in our goals! Leave comments, encouragement, and what ever else you feel like.

Wednesday, December 21, 2011

Too Much Blood

I’ve been tasting blood too much lately.
The flick of my tongue catching bright red droplets.
No fights.
No punches thrown.
No bruises to flower like dying roses.
Just fear.
Just hate.
Just stress.
I don’t even know I’m doing it.
Don’t even realize it’s happening.
Until I taste the blood.
Then I know.
Then I know I’m keeping something
Deep down inside myself
So my conscious mind doesn’t know or guess
And the only hint
Is that I’ve been chewing at my lip for the last hour
And now I can taste the blood.
So please excuse the fat lip and the slight lisp
I just have been tasting too much blood lately.
Chewing at this appendage
Chewing to avoid speaking.
To trick my unconscious mind into thinking I’m dealing.
That I am speaking when really
Really I’m just chewing.
Digesting the life I have
And avoiding the one stuck back in the recesses of my mind.
So excuse me as I spit this into the nearest cup,
I’ve just been tasting too much blood these days.  

No comments:

Post a Comment