What's going on here?

What's going on here?
Well Amanda and Emily both have goals to write more. Amanda wants to write a poem and a half a day for the next year, while Emily wants to write for National Write a Novel Month (NaNoWriMo), which is usually in November, but she is going to do it from now until her mission on May 18th. Here is were you can follow us in our goals! Leave comments, encouragement, and what ever else you feel like.

Saturday, November 5, 2011

Not Anymore

I think you still think I love you.
Still hold back feminine sighs of longing when you enter a room.
I do not.
I left that girl amongst the sage and Joshua trees.
And there was another me between her and here.
That girl was left alongside a Maine highway.
No, the girl who feigned and signed over you is long gone.
What’s left is me.
Tough exterior
Tougher interior
With thorns wrapped around my knuckles.
I welcome new friends in
But never let my heart leap
The way it did with you
You are still my best friend.
Still the person I discuss everything with
But I don’t need you the way I used to.
So I’m sorry to disappoint but
I don’t love you that way anymore.  

No comments:

Post a Comment