What's going on here?

What's going on here?
Well Amanda and Emily both have goals to write more. Amanda wants to write a poem and a half a day for the next year, while Emily wants to write for National Write a Novel Month (NaNoWriMo), which is usually in November, but she is going to do it from now until her mission on May 18th. Here is were you can follow us in our goals! Leave comments, encouragement, and what ever else you feel like.

Saturday, November 12, 2011

Missing You a Little Less

I miss you a little less today.
A little less drag on my normally aerodynamic heart
In the shape of you.
People tell me to erase you.
To push you completely out
Forget the way it was
Because even though you won’t admit it, it was beautiful
You can’t say what we had was average.
It wasn’t normal
It wasn’t just the way things are.
No, we had something more.
And you can’t deny that.
But I need to get over it.
You and I are miles apart
And honestly I’m tired of missing you
So today I decided I’d miss you a little less.
A little less of the toe digs into carpet.
A little less of nibbling on collar bones.
A little less of favorite songs on repeat at 2 in the morning.
A little less conversations that veer from the meaning of life to how good pumpkin cookies are.
A little less of warm hoodies and v neck t shirts.
So I’m not forgetting you.
No, I could never do that.
You’re too much a part of who I am now
To ever completely leave you behind.
But I’m going to miss you less.
Less strings tied across these states.
Less diamonds stretching to fill the space.
Less oxygen from nose to mouth shared between us.
So today I’ll leave the house.
Walk out in my boots and tight blue coat
And I will miss you a little less.
Just a little less.

No comments:

Post a Comment