What's going on here?

What's going on here?
Well Amanda and Emily both have goals to write more. Amanda wants to write a poem and a half a day for the next year, while Emily wants to write for National Write a Novel Month (NaNoWriMo), which is usually in November, but she is going to do it from now until her mission on May 18th. Here is were you can follow us in our goals! Leave comments, encouragement, and what ever else you feel like.

Thursday, November 3, 2011

Matching Jackets

I’m sorry.
I’m sorry that with you
I was the person I hated.
The person who pushes buttons
And giggles to see the other light up.
I’m sorry I became a child
With fists full of insults
Ready to bring down something great.
But I didn’t know how to say it.
How to tell you what you meant.
To say the words that I swore I’d never say again.
Never mean again.
Never express that feeling again
Because I’ve seen too many good women get crushed by those words.
But I have to say it now.
I love you.
I don’t love you romantically like I used to.
I love who you are.
The grumbling galloping garage band poet.
Because I’ve been  trying to find that person in myself for so long
That when I found you I got lost a little bit.
I wanted to be little you.
To do the things you do.
Immitation is the highest form of flattery.
But I know now who I am.
I am not a garage band poet.
I am the young professional with fleeting thoughts and overused imagery.
That doesn’t make my dreams any less important than yours
That doesn’t make me any less than you
But I know now who I am.
But I still love who you are.
The way you pull it off so effortlessly.
I got so angry
Got so twisted up inside because
I knew I would never pull it off the way you did.
So I’m sorry for the way I acted.
Sorry I couldn’t tell you.
Still can’t say it to your face.
You and I, my friend,
Are cut from different cloth
But I like to think we match.

No comments:

Post a Comment