What's going on here?

What's going on here?
Well Amanda and Emily both have goals to write more. Amanda wants to write a poem and a half a day for the next year, while Emily wants to write for National Write a Novel Month (NaNoWriMo), which is usually in November, but she is going to do it from now until her mission on May 18th. Here is were you can follow us in our goals! Leave comments, encouragement, and what ever else you feel like.

Sunday, November 20, 2011

Losing a Friend

Sometimes I imagine conversations with you.
Not the you now
But the you I knew.
The you who cared more than her stunted emotions could show.
But I think you’ve changed since the last time I saw you.
You rearranged the furniture of your chest cavity
And now I think it’s the other way around.
You care less and blame it on stunted emotional flowerbeds.
Because I don’t think I hear you laugh
Not the way you used to.
And I know you’re learning to let go all the titles people placed upon you.
But I just hope you don’t leave behind this one.
The one of friend
Of confidant
Of partner
Because I knew you before.
Knew the way you’d dodge and dive the personal things
But now you’re straight up shooting them down.
So if she still exists
The girl I met that winter
Let her know we miss her.
And I’ll keep looking at the picture by my bedside
And even if she never returns
At least I have proof she was once here. 

No comments:

Post a Comment