What's going on here?

What's going on here?
Well Amanda and Emily both have goals to write more. Amanda wants to write a poem and a half a day for the next year, while Emily wants to write for National Write a Novel Month (NaNoWriMo), which is usually in November, but she is going to do it from now until her mission on May 18th. Here is were you can follow us in our goals! Leave comments, encouragement, and what ever else you feel like.

Thursday, November 17, 2011

Looking at the Moon

I’ve tried to write about stars.
About counting them with loved ones
Piecing them together into pictures
As you try and piece together just what your heart is saying
As he slips his hand into yours.

But I’ve never been one for stars.
Never learned the names for the constellations
Or even just sat out staring at them.
No, I’ve always been a moon girl.

When the opportunity was right I’d go out and sit
My blanket tucked around me like mother’s arms
And I just stared at the moon.
The full bright light that
Even though most people say it’s a cliché
Actually did bathe me.
Purified the things inside me that I’d been hiding
Pulled out my voice as it pulls along the tide.

But I’ve never found anyone who understood that.
No one who understood the need for that singularity
The oneness of the sky
The simplicity of it all.
All the men I’ve loved
Prefer to paint pictures
As they interwine their fingers
And I just want the one.

One to fix the heart.
One to fix the pain
One to cover up the scars and breaks
One, just one name.

I don’t want a sky scattered with light
I just want one
One shining moon
Something to keep me constantly pulled
Somewhere between this earth
And the gravity of them.

But for now
I will sit
And absorb what light I get from this moon
Until I find my own. 

No comments:

Post a Comment