What's going on here?

What's going on here?
Well Amanda and Emily both have goals to write more. Amanda wants to write a poem and a half a day for the next year, while Emily wants to write for National Write a Novel Month (NaNoWriMo), which is usually in November, but she is going to do it from now until her mission on May 18th. Here is were you can follow us in our goals! Leave comments, encouragement, and what ever else you feel like.

Sunday, November 6, 2011

Frightening Dreams of Bliss

I’m scared to sleep now.
After the dreams of last night.
Dreams that promised a future of bright happy fortitude.
No, I can’t sleep now.
Too scared I’ll get just what I want
And I’ll have to wake up in the morn again
Cold and alone again.
Yes, I am too scared to sleep.
Too scared of my own images that possess my mind.
But if I stay up any longer,
If I let the night crawl in under my skin
I know I’ll just be caught thinking of you.
Writing love sick poems about you.
Drawing images in the air of how we could be.
No, I must sleep.
I must sleep and pray these images to not plague me again.
Don’t settle across these warmth wrapped eyes
Because honestly I can’t take another night plagued by you.
Another night where everything feels right wrapped in your arms
Just to find you gone when I return to reality.
So I will lay down.
Close my eyes.
And pray
The next time I see you is months away. 

No comments:

Post a Comment