What's going on here?

What's going on here?
Well Amanda and Emily both have goals to write more. Amanda wants to write a poem and a half a day for the next year, while Emily wants to write for National Write a Novel Month (NaNoWriMo), which is usually in November, but she is going to do it from now until her mission on May 18th. Here is were you can follow us in our goals! Leave comments, encouragement, and what ever else you feel like.

Sunday, November 6, 2011

Dueling Poets

I finally figured it out.
What makes you and I so different.
And it’s not that you’re an artist and I am not.
It is not that you’ve got talent and I’m just mediocre.
No, I’ve got a gift burning under these bones.
It’s just that you and I are different.
I still have to sift through your words to find any meaning.
And people hear my words and they fall in step
They fall in line singing
“I’ve been there before.”
Your words take longer.
Take a multiple reading.
But that doesn’t make either of us any better or worse.
No, you and I are just different.
You’ve got these visions that you paint the world with.
Mixed up mumbo jumbo jangle words
And I just say it as it is.
This is how I feel.
This is how you made me feel.
This is how it is.
So you are no better than me
And I am no better than you.
We are just different.
Writing different poems
For different people
With different thoughts.
I’m not going to measure myself along your yardstick back bone
I am just going to write.
Write the way things are from the perch I’ve found.
Maybe someday you and I will meet
At a meeting of great minds
And they will say
“You are so different
So separate
And yet equals.
Grown from some of the same soil
And yet such different flowers”.

No comments:

Post a Comment