What's going on here?

What's going on here?
Well Amanda and Emily both have goals to write more. Amanda wants to write a poem and a half a day for the next year, while Emily wants to write for National Write a Novel Month (NaNoWriMo), which is usually in November, but she is going to do it from now until her mission on May 18th. Here is were you can follow us in our goals! Leave comments, encouragement, and what ever else you feel like.

Friday, October 14, 2011

Two Paths that Met in the Woods

I never said I could save you.
I never even thought I might be able to.
But I thought I wouldn’t mind being lost with you for awhile.
Thought I wouldn’t mind the lumps and bruises
Inconsistent dinners
Infrequent showers
A life on the road.
I thought as long as I had you I could be happy.
But then I lost you.
And when I lost you I thought I lost me.
But I realized after 10 weeks of agoraphobia
That I’d found me.
I wasn’t some girl behind the limelight.
No I found myself in those 10 weeks.
And I’m never letting her go.
Sometimes I still miss you.
Still miss the life I sometimes imagined for us.
But when I try and relive it the colors are muted and the sound is low.
Nothing feels the way it felt when we lived it.
So I am not your savior
And I am not your companion on the path of the wanderer
We were two paths that met in a wood. 

No comments:

Post a Comment