What's going on here?

What's going on here?
Well Amanda and Emily both have goals to write more. Amanda wants to write a poem and a half a day for the next year, while Emily wants to write for National Write a Novel Month (NaNoWriMo), which is usually in November, but she is going to do it from now until her mission on May 18th. Here is were you can follow us in our goals! Leave comments, encouragement, and what ever else you feel like.

Thursday, October 20, 2011

Sticks and Stones


I heard once that a home is where the storm stops.
I wish I’d known that as a child.
Wish I knew what t was to not feel the wind and rain at my back.
Wish I knew what it was like to have a respite.
But I didn’t.
The fact of the matter is that the storm raged wherever I went.
But I know now
I know how to waterproof my heart.
I know how to stand brave in gale forces.
I know how to withstand the storm.
And now that I have a home,
Now that I have something that protects me from the storm
I know I am stronger.
I know what I am capable of.

No comments:

Post a Comment