What's going on here?

What's going on here?
Well Amanda and Emily both have goals to write more. Amanda wants to write a poem and a half a day for the next year, while Emily wants to write for National Write a Novel Month (NaNoWriMo), which is usually in November, but she is going to do it from now until her mission on May 18th. Here is were you can follow us in our goals! Leave comments, encouragement, and what ever else you feel like.

Sunday, October 30, 2011

Rabbling, Rabbling, Rabbling

(Performed at http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B5_RHlKs1TU&feature=feedu)
You claim to have a handle on this science thing.
Like you wrote that Historical Geology textbook I ate my breakfast out of yesterday.
But honey let me tell you something
You may have a supernova burning in your bones
But, baby, my heart is the smaller-than-an-atom mass of energy that triggered the big bang.
You may have little flecks of science in that big-burly-man-moustache of yours
But darling man cannot live on science alone.
So look at my hands
They’ve got “The Mona Lisa”, “The Sistine Chapel” and “Guernica” wrapped around my
NODES AND ANTINODES.
Yeah your stalagmite might have it’s own stalagmite
 But my stalagmite is so big it’s called a freaking mountain.
You want to feel the weight of the earth so you can know what it is to be pushed all the time and pulled all the time?
Well boy look up at the sun.
It’s been happening all along.
You want to get in a street brawl
To define which kind of science is the most sciency?
Well child, let me just lay it out for you.
It is.
Science is the most sciency.
All science is the same science.
All tied together.
Just like you are you
And I am I
But we are also we and you are me
And we are all just star stuff.
Everything we’ve got is tied together.
So don’t tell me I’m just rabbling rabbling rabbling on.
If you knew what science is
You’d see it before your eyes.
You want to rub your body in science?
Well you were born in that stew.
So you may want to be the dinosaur next to the exhibit of echinoderms
Because dinosaurs are AWESOME
Well boy I want to be the stromatilite in the primordial ocean
Pumping out oxygen
Pumping out oxygen
Pumping out oxygen
So you can take one more breath.
 Yeah you want to talk about science?
Well take everything you learned.
Everything you ever claimed you ever knew
Even things like math and literature and what not to do
And stick it all together.
Mash it into approximately 3 lbs of grey gooey flesh
And then swallow it whole.
Only then will you know what science really is. 

No comments:

Post a Comment