What's going on here?

What's going on here?
Well Amanda and Emily both have goals to write more. Amanda wants to write a poem and a half a day for the next year, while Emily wants to write for National Write a Novel Month (NaNoWriMo), which is usually in November, but she is going to do it from now until her mission on May 18th. Here is were you can follow us in our goals! Leave comments, encouragement, and what ever else you feel like.

Saturday, October 15, 2011

Memories in Hand

Hands fascinate me.
The way they work for so many things
And how for some reason
A person’s hands are what I remember them by.
I know the curves of my grandfather’s hands like they were my own.
The way the crease and crack in all new ways each time I see them.
I remember being a child on his lap and spreading my fat little hands against them.
My mothers hands.
They’re always soft and cold even in the heat of the summer.
Like a marble counter
They’re soft in the firmness of them.
I stood upon those hands.
Everything I’ve become based off those two hands.
His hands.
The two I always wished would hold mine
But never an answered prayer.
They way the seemed to spell my name
In a language I could never pronounce.
And then there are my own hands.
Somewhere between a womans
And the rough hands of a man.
Fully formed but still too small.
Thick tapers of shaky unsettling nature.
I like to think of my hands somewhat like my grandmother’s.
Hers always shook and I’ve never been able to take a still photo.
I just hope someday someone remembers me
The way I remember her.
So when I see you
I may not be able to look in your eyes.
I may bow my head and shrink
But know I’m looking at your hands.
Your hands that mean the world to me.
Your hands that tell me who you are. 

No comments:

Post a Comment