What's going on here?

What's going on here?
Well Amanda and Emily both have goals to write more. Amanda wants to write a poem and a half a day for the next year, while Emily wants to write for National Write a Novel Month (NaNoWriMo), which is usually in November, but she is going to do it from now until her mission on May 18th. Here is were you can follow us in our goals! Leave comments, encouragement, and what ever else you feel like.

Sunday, October 30, 2011

I Must Turn My Back on You

This is it.
The absolute last time I let you hurt me.
I’ve had way to much crap thrown my way.
I had to learn to be strong.
But then you came along.
You came along and I just told myself I could accept it from you.
But I can’t do it anymore.
I do what I can.
I have your best interests at heart.
I listen
I care
I do anything you ask.
But I’m done.
I am done.
I have been on the brink of tears too many times for you and your bitterness.
I usually let these kinds of things fall of my back.
But you.
The way you said that.
The way I heard it.
The way you’ve been for the last bit.
I’m done.
I’ve had my heart broken far too many times
And you are not going to be the one who does that to me again.
I will not allow you to take control of my life.
So goodbye.
If I could I would cut you out completely.
Remove you from my world view.
But I can’t.
Too many people I care about care about you as well.
So I’m going to ignore you.
I’m going to do my best to forget you.
This you.
This version of you.
Because you weren’t always like this.
There was a time you were still sweet.
Still quite fragile.
And now?
Now you’re hardened and embittered.
He died.
He’s gone.
So I will forget you.
I will erase the way I felt about you.
Obliterate you.
And someday when you realize how freaking fantastic I am
You will regret this. 

No comments:

Post a Comment