What's going on here?

What's going on here?
Well Amanda and Emily both have goals to write more. Amanda wants to write a poem and a half a day for the next year, while Emily wants to write for National Write a Novel Month (NaNoWriMo), which is usually in November, but she is going to do it from now until her mission on May 18th. Here is were you can follow us in our goals! Leave comments, encouragement, and what ever else you feel like.

Tuesday, August 30, 2011

Wonder


Sometimes I wonder if anyone elses life is like this.
 Moments of joy followed by bitter emptiness.
Times when it seems the sun is eternal
 Quickly followed by something infernal.
 Something that shakes you to the core
Something that makes you wish for death and more.
Cause my life seems to follow patterns
 Overwhelming joy followed by disaster.
And the lows are getting lower but the highs ain’t getting higher
And slowly I am slipping back into the mire.
 I wish someone would tell me if they saw this pattern too.
Something so obtrusive, extracting more than its fair due.
 Because sometimes I’m an island. Drifting fast and far from home.
Stuck out here abroad the sea with nothing else to show.
 And others I am safe tied up to the dock
 But all of this commotion is causing this boat to rock.
I want a solid place somewhere not so far.
Someplace I can retreat to but not completely defeat to.
A place between euphoria and the far deep down gut wrenching blues.

No comments:

Post a Comment