What's going on here?

What's going on here?
Well Amanda and Emily both have goals to write more. Amanda wants to write a poem and a half a day for the next year, while Emily wants to write for National Write a Novel Month (NaNoWriMo), which is usually in November, but she is going to do it from now until her mission on May 18th. Here is were you can follow us in our goals! Leave comments, encouragement, and what ever else you feel like.

Tuesday, August 30, 2011

Missing Home.


If you were here right now
If you were beside me
I would tell you how i missed you
tell you what you meant to  me.
Tell you how sometimes I just get lost,
Just swim through thoughts of how we used to be.
And I miss you now.
How right this moment as the moon rises and the stars swivel acrosss the sky
 I can't help but think of the last time I saw you.
 Standing in that spring mist saying goodbye.
Can't help but think of the way you said you'd see me soon.
Said you'd come right back
You sure as hell never did.
 I was bitter for a long time.
Wanted to forget the way it felt.
The way it felt like I mattered if just for a moment.
But you stole that away.
And I did hate you.
But now I just miss you.
Miss the way I could spend all day laughing with you.
And now it seems like the weeks stretch on without a smile.
So I miss you tonight as I shut off the lights and go to bed alone.
Just know that I miss you.
 You always felt like home.

No comments:

Post a Comment