What's going on here?

What's going on here?
Well Amanda and Emily both have goals to write more. Amanda wants to write a poem and a half a day for the next year, while Emily wants to write for National Write a Novel Month (NaNoWriMo), which is usually in November, but she is going to do it from now until her mission on May 18th. Here is were you can follow us in our goals! Leave comments, encouragement, and what ever else you feel like.

Friday, August 12, 2011

Reclaiming the Me


I’m trying to be more me than you.
Trying to stand up and throw off the things that I adopted.
Things that I thought might help me win you.
Things that you loved that I thought maybe, just maybe
If I loved them you’d spend more time with me.
But I’m realizing that’s all wrong.
I’m not happy with the things you chose for “us”.
I’m bored with your hobbies so I’m going back to myself.
I’m not as philosophical.
I prefer to laugh than debate.
I’m not some health guru
I like my potato chips and pop rather than soy beans and tofu.
I’m not some great mind that wanders the land.
I just want to see people and hear their stories not solve world hunger.
I am done being the me that I thought you wanted.
I’m going to be the me that I want.
The me that would rather sit around and watch Law and Order
Than go and climb a mountain.
The me that writes poems about relationships that never existed
Than soliloquize about the virtues of being an honest man.
I am done with the shackles I made myself out of your image.
I’m ready to be this person.
This me.
The tie-dye matched with plaid pajamas gonna watch my favorite British show and drink some margarita me.

No comments:

Post a Comment