What's going on here?

What's going on here?
Well Amanda and Emily both have goals to write more. Amanda wants to write a poem and a half a day for the next year, while Emily wants to write for National Write a Novel Month (NaNoWriMo), which is usually in November, but she is going to do it from now until her mission on May 18th. Here is were you can follow us in our goals! Leave comments, encouragement, and what ever else you feel like.

Wednesday, August 3, 2011

Personal Pronoun

I
I start a lot of things that way.
I
Personal pronoun.
Self centered, self absorbed.
I hate that.
I hate that about myself.
The fact I’m stuck in my own head.
The fact so often I get lost in the heat of the moment and it feels like I’ve fallen into that lava sea of endless Me Me Mes.
I don’t want that for my life.
I want to be someone kind.
I want to be concerned about others welfare.
I want to be a modern day Gandhi abandoning my own needs to feed my people.
I want to help the poor and the helpless.
I want to be the hand that helps people out of the mess they fell in.
But I can’t see how to get out of here.
Out of the world I built within these four walls.
It’s hard when you’ve fallen so far you’ve lost touch with the world.
How do I get back to where I once was?
Two personal pronouns in one sentence.
We.
I like that more.
We like that more.
We are not alone.
We are not helpless.
We are helping each other. 

No comments:

Post a Comment