What's going on here?

What's going on here?
Well Amanda and Emily both have goals to write more. Amanda wants to write a poem and a half a day for the next year, while Emily wants to write for National Write a Novel Month (NaNoWriMo), which is usually in November, but she is going to do it from now until her mission on May 18th. Here is were you can follow us in our goals! Leave comments, encouragement, and what ever else you feel like.

Wednesday, August 10, 2011

On Missing Emily (non-poetry)


I miss Emily. At first when we moved in together I thought she would drive me crazy. We both are rather opinionated people and she has a way of pushing my buttons. I thought this was a disaster in the making, but I couldn’t spend one more second in that room with Barbara. I can’t tell you Emily and I never fought. We fought a bit, okay more than a bit. We had different views on basically everything, but we never got really mad at each other. We always talked it over. I am not into confrontation, but Emily would just make us sort it out. And she would pester and pester until I told her what was wrong. I miss that about her. I miss that she loved to cook. And not crappy cook like our roommates did, but actually passionately care about her food. I miss that she would turn on Garrett Sherwood music and we would dance around the kitchen and she would tell me EVERY time how his voice was just pure sex(she’s going to kill me for posting this). I miss the way we’d sit on the couch or our beds, late at night, and we’d just talk for hours. We’d talk about family, psychology, spirituality, politics, boys, everything and anything. We’d come up with crazy analogies and write them on our door. She knew when I was in a god mood or a bad mood or what she liked to call my witty mood. She’d tell me the stories she knew I didn’t really care about and I’d pretend to care. I’d tell her the stories she didn’t care about and she’d zone out. She’d always be making something. Emily was always a mess, but she was a lovely mess. I miss her. I miss talking to her about my problems. She was one of the few people to call me out on things and I would listen to her. I hope when she comes home from her mission she’ll find this buried in our blog. And she’ll see how much I did miss her even though I rarely wrote letters. She wasn’t a writer of letters either. I don’t feel too bad. She inspired me to be a better writer, a better person and a better friend. I am excited to see her in a few years. Miss you Emily!

2 comments: