What's going on here?

What's going on here?
Well Amanda and Emily both have goals to write more. Amanda wants to write a poem and a half a day for the next year, while Emily wants to write for National Write a Novel Month (NaNoWriMo), which is usually in November, but she is going to do it from now until her mission on May 18th. Here is were you can follow us in our goals! Leave comments, encouragement, and what ever else you feel like.

Wednesday, August 10, 2011

Changing the World


I want to change the world.
Not for my sake, but for others.
I want to lend my hand out saying
“Here take this, I no longer need it.
I’ve learned to stand upon my feet.
Take my hand.”
Cause sometimes when I see the stories etched across this grey and dying pavement
I want to cry.
I want to save all the little souls that need saving.
I know I’m not perfect.
But I’m happy where I’m at.
And I know I’m going to make regardless.
Learned to depend on the fact that it’ll all work out.
So I’d like to change the world.
I’d like to take those who are in the dark and hug them.
Hug them so tight lights explode out of our chests.
I’d like to take those who feel hopeless, those who are homeless
And say “Come, come sit by my fire.”
But right now I’m still wibbling and wobbling upon these feet
And I hope the little things I can do, do count.
Count for something.
Because I see the suffering.
The cuts and the bruises that cover the human soul these days
And the child in me wants to kiss them all better.
Cover each wound with a breath-made band-aid.
And someday
Yes someday when these feet are stable
I will change this world.
But for now I will change my world.
Those around me.
The smiles that have faded will be brightened.
The hearts that have broken will be mended.
The eyes that lost their light will find them again.
One person at a time.
I will find you.
I will find you.
I will find you.
You are not alone. 

No comments:

Post a Comment