What's going on here?

What's going on here?
Well Amanda and Emily both have goals to write more. Amanda wants to write a poem and a half a day for the next year, while Emily wants to write for National Write a Novel Month (NaNoWriMo), which is usually in November, but she is going to do it from now until her mission on May 18th. Here is were you can follow us in our goals! Leave comments, encouragement, and what ever else you feel like.

Monday, August 8, 2011

If You Were Here

I don’t know what you’d say if you were here.
I just know that it would make me feel better.
Just the sound of your voice takes me back to those silver shiver days.
Days when I was like a new born deer
Knock-kneed and shaky.
But I’m shaky again
And you’re so damn far away.
You’d probably sit me down on that soddy old couch.
You’d tell me to breathe.
You’d tell me some story to try and make me laugh.
Or maybe you’d tell me these tears are worthless.
That the spilling of them right now is senseless.
Maybe you’d slap me across the face with your words and make me get out of that place.
But I don’t know.
I don’t know.
I don’t know.
Because right now I wish you were here
And yet you’re thousands of miles away.
And I know I’ll be fine
But I can’t stand so straight in the night time.

No comments:

Post a Comment