What's going on here?

What's going on here?
Well Amanda and Emily both have goals to write more. Amanda wants to write a poem and a half a day for the next year, while Emily wants to write for National Write a Novel Month (NaNoWriMo), which is usually in November, but she is going to do it from now until her mission on May 18th. Here is were you can follow us in our goals! Leave comments, encouragement, and what ever else you feel like.

Friday, July 29, 2011

To the Pompous Jerk I Once Thought I was in Love With.

I laugh about it now.
The way I wanted you so desperately.
The way I begged and pleaded, knees in snow, face to the heavens
That if I could, they’d give me you.
They, the family that I know are watching over me.
That they’d hear my plead for you and they’d give me you.
I thought things of destiny.
I thought things of quiet afternoons curled up in a library with you.
I even wrote a quite sweet story about that last time I saw you.
But now I laugh about it.
I laugh because it was so preposterous.
I didn’t know who I was
so how could I know you were the answer to my eternal question?
 Because now I do know who I am
And I know that you aren’t.
A part of me wishes you’d read this.
That you’d see that you aren’t God’s gift to women.
That every woman who fawned over you is still in the throes of your “devilish good looks”.
The fact of the matter is that the majority of us have moved on
Because after the charm faded
And the wit became annoying
We realized you were just….well….you.
So I hope you read this in hopes that you’ll change
But I know that you won’t because you thing you’re great just the same. 

No comments:

Post a Comment