What's going on here?

What's going on here?
Well Amanda and Emily both have goals to write more. Amanda wants to write a poem and a half a day for the next year, while Emily wants to write for National Write a Novel Month (NaNoWriMo), which is usually in November, but she is going to do it from now until her mission on May 18th. Here is were you can follow us in our goals! Leave comments, encouragement, and what ever else you feel like.

Thursday, July 21, 2011

Inspiration from the Old

I need the taste of a thousand years.
I need dirt under my fingernails that once was a man a million years ago.
I need stone structures and wooden doors.
I need ancient.
I need great big walls to remind me.
Remind me that I’m small.
That the matters I worry about are the matters of a child.
That I am insignificant in the scheme of things.
Because that’s what I need to change.
To get out of this rut of self-pity, of self-absorbition.
I need something ancient and old to look at me with wisened and cracking eyes and say
YOU ARE NOTHING.
And in the face of the old and the decrepid
I will stare with jaws and knee locked and scream
OH YEAH?!?
JUST WATCH ME!
And with the ancient and the old around me I will become a phoenix
Rising out of the ashes of my all American Attitude
And become something to behold.
Something that is worth a mention.
Something that means a lot more than a poem
About the need for inspiration from the old. 

No comments:

Post a Comment