What's going on here?

What's going on here?
Well Amanda and Emily both have goals to write more. Amanda wants to write a poem and a half a day for the next year, while Emily wants to write for National Write a Novel Month (NaNoWriMo), which is usually in November, but she is going to do it from now until her mission on May 18th. Here is were you can follow us in our goals! Leave comments, encouragement, and what ever else you feel like.

Saturday, June 4, 2011

Trust Fall

I can still remember the way you said my name

When you begged me to finally trust you.

To open up the iron rib clad chest

And entrust in you my heart.

I still remember the way the sun poured in the windows

Of that beat up old car we sped through the streets.

The way we laughed and sang the songs we didn’t know.

And slept in our content.

I can still remember the way the world fell to pieces

On that day you told me no more.

The day you told me that I had been wrong to trust you.

The day you turned and walked away.

I can still remember the day that I first stood on my own

With legs shaking like a newborn foal

I stood and walked facing the sun

And left my distrust behind me.

Because you were the first person I truly trusted

And gave access to my heart since I learned to hide it.

And you’re misguided and naïve mind was not ready for that.

You asked me to trust you and I did

And you broke that trust regardless.

But I learned that even with a broken heart

Trusting is not the hardest.

No comments:

Post a Comment