What's going on here?

What's going on here?
Well Amanda and Emily both have goals to write more. Amanda wants to write a poem and a half a day for the next year, while Emily wants to write for National Write a Novel Month (NaNoWriMo), which is usually in November, but she is going to do it from now until her mission on May 18th. Here is were you can follow us in our goals! Leave comments, encouragement, and what ever else you feel like.

Wednesday, June 8, 2011

Falling Far

Why does it feel so good to fall so far?
To dive back into this ocean that tore my heart apart for so long?

Why is it that once my skin is dry i feel the need to dive back?

Because every few weeks my feet fall on solid ground

And I can finally inhale without fear of water in my lungs.

But as the peaceful sun draws freckles on my shoulders

And the last of the water gets sucked back up into the clouds

I hear the sound of the sea calling again.

The way it coos my name sends chills down my spine.

And for some reason I can't stay dry.

There is something in those icy salt waters

That numb the pain and intensify it together.

It makes me crazy for it.

Because I do enjoy the sun.

I enjoy not having to worry and not to shake

Not to have this pain cutting across my skin

But every time I’m warm

And done shaking with the hypothermia

I dive back.

Why does it feel so good to fall so far?

No comments:

Post a Comment