What's going on here?

What's going on here?
Well Amanda and Emily both have goals to write more. Amanda wants to write a poem and a half a day for the next year, while Emily wants to write for National Write a Novel Month (NaNoWriMo), which is usually in November, but she is going to do it from now until her mission on May 18th. Here is were you can follow us in our goals! Leave comments, encouragement, and what ever else you feel like.

Wednesday, May 25, 2011

You Can Come Along

It’s almost been 2 years now.

2 years since I last saw your face,

Last heard your voice,

Last felt the w ay my entire body shook with my feelings for you.

And the brilliant colors I painted you and I with have faded.

The eye popping pigments

I used to create our future life

Have all become mottled shades of grey.

I used to dream o being your wife

Owning a little you house on some bay

But now I have different dreams of the future.

Different plans that fill my mind while I’m trying to all asleep at night.

I dream of roads long and winding.

And poems that seem to match.

I once was willing to give up my voice for you

But now you’re just another piece of the world.

That’s not to say I don’t still love you

Because I promise you I do.

A girl never forgets her first great love

And you are no exception to the rule.

But I have grown these 2 years past

From someone so read to give everything up.

To someone with dreams and plans

But you are welcome to come along.

I used to dream of domestic tranquility

Of life that was quiet and safe.

But now I’ve got bigger plans

That don’t revolve around you.

So when I see you again I probably won’t fuss or fawn

But I you’re looking for adventure

You’re welcome to come along.

No comments:

Post a Comment