What's going on here?

What's going on here?
Well Amanda and Emily both have goals to write more. Amanda wants to write a poem and a half a day for the next year, while Emily wants to write for National Write a Novel Month (NaNoWriMo), which is usually in November, but she is going to do it from now until her mission on May 18th. Here is were you can follow us in our goals! Leave comments, encouragement, and what ever else you feel like.

Tuesday, May 17, 2011

Throwing off the Chains

I never got to tell you how I felt.

Not when I loved you,

Not when I hated you.

You were always protected by some girl I cared about more than you.

First her and now the other her.

But I’m still looking at your pictures and wishing I could say the words.

Wishing I could say how you mistreated me.

How you prejudged me.

How you misunderstood me.

I once worshiped the ground you walk on

And now I know the plague and famine follow you wherever you go.

But I respect your wife too much.

Too much to tell her how you treated people.

And I know you don't have the conscious to feel bad for what you did.

I used to think you were so great.

So tall,

So holy,

But now I know you for the worm you are.

A disgusting creature who makes me shiver with thoughts of his cruelty.

You think you're so strong.

So proud of what you've done

But behind you is a wake of people who know you for what you've really done.
The broken hearts

The stabbed backs

The whispered lies.

Yes I knew all too much to fall for the holy man act that you swore was the real you.

It wouldn't matter so much

If people I thought deserved better

Weren’t still under your spell.

Weren’t still blinded by the cataracts of your initial presentation.

So I never got to tell you how I really felt

Both when I loved you and now when I hate you

But I can say this.

You opened my eyes.

Opened them to the way that not everyone has a good heart.

Not everyone means what they say.

Not everyone is honest but sometimes

It’s worth it to give in to them for a bit.

So now I hate you.

When I see your face my eyes get tight my stomach turns and my teeth clench.

In other words

You disgust me,

But I never regretted being under your spell.

Goodbye.

Goodbye to you slinging bull.

Goodbye to your passive aggressive behavior.

Goodbye to the mann.

No comments:

Post a Comment