What's going on here?

What's going on here?
Well Amanda and Emily both have goals to write more. Amanda wants to write a poem and a half a day for the next year, while Emily wants to write for National Write a Novel Month (NaNoWriMo), which is usually in November, but she is going to do it from now until her mission on May 18th. Here is were you can follow us in our goals! Leave comments, encouragement, and what ever else you feel like.

Tuesday, May 10, 2011

Supplication at the Throne

I call upon the great writers.

I invoke your spirits now.

At your leather bound alters

I have humbly bowed.

With bended knees and contrite heart

I kneeled before your thrones

I defend your great mental prowess

When all my peers have groaned.

I call upon you now

With trepidation in my words.

As I set out on this great quest,

Into the unknown worlds.

With pen in hand or hand on keys

I write for all I’m worth.

I pray for you to help me know

How best to craft my words.

I ask you please to help me,

Not embarrass this sacred art.

I know how well you paid the fee,

To express with all your heart.

So now I follow you down that path

That leads to death or life

I ask you now don’t invoke your wrath,

But help me through this strife.

Help me Papa Hemingway.

Help me Charlotte Bronte.

Help me Charles Dickens.

Help me Agatha Christie.

Help me.

Help me.

Help me.

No comments:

Post a Comment