What's going on here?

What's going on here?
Well Amanda and Emily both have goals to write more. Amanda wants to write a poem and a half a day for the next year, while Emily wants to write for National Write a Novel Month (NaNoWriMo), which is usually in November, but she is going to do it from now until her mission on May 18th. Here is were you can follow us in our goals! Leave comments, encouragement, and what ever else you feel like.

Wednesday, May 11, 2011

(2/2) Insomnia

Eyes heavy but still not falling.

Head on pillow but sleep’s not calling.

The hours they slowly pass.

As the clock on the wall

Ticks out the seconds for all

While I am still not sleeping.

I glance at the clock again.

2 hours it has been.

Since I laid myself down to get myself to bed.

But the worries they won’t leave.

Sleep is no repreave.

I am stuck in sleepless wonder.

I wonder if I’ll ever manage okay on my own.

I wonder if I’ll ever tell that man no.

I wonder if I’ll ever amount to anything.

I wonder if I’ll ever see anything.

I wonder if I’m strong enough.

I wonder if I’m smart enough.

And as I lay and wonder,

My mind continually wanders.

And sleep still doesn’t come.

No comments:

Post a Comment