What's going on here?

What's going on here?
Well Amanda and Emily both have goals to write more. Amanda wants to write a poem and a half a day for the next year, while Emily wants to write for National Write a Novel Month (NaNoWriMo), which is usually in November, but she is going to do it from now until her mission on May 18th. Here is were you can follow us in our goals! Leave comments, encouragement, and what ever else you feel like.

Saturday, May 21, 2011

(2/2) Workhorse.

I am not your workhorse.

I am not some creature with eyes facing straightforward never looking to the right or to the left.

No I am a noble steed.

I will do my work.

I will do what you ask.

But I deserve my respect.

I deserve the honor entitled to all by their birth.

But instead here I am.

A thoroughbred pulling the cart.

Laden down by cares I never asked for, never agreed to.

You tell me forward.

You tell me straight.

But my eyes are wild.

My heart is large and beating.

I’ve got legs to run and run is what I aim to do

You’ve got no hold over me.

This harness you slapped on my back is invisible and of your making,

You think just the threat, just the word “You can’t leave”

Will keep me standing stock still, stick straight.

Oh how wrong you are.

Your commands, the way you bark, the way you expect compliance

Just make my eyes grow wider

My legs grow swifter

My heart beat faster.

As soon as you turn from me,

As soon as you avert your eyes

Off like a flash I am gone.

You will never see me again.

You do not treat me like the thoroughbred I am.

So goodbye.

Goodbye to your harness.

Goodbye to your rules.

Goodbye to your commands.

I am off in the wind

Mane flying

Tail flashing

Heart free.

No comments:

Post a Comment