What's going on here?

What's going on here?
Well Amanda and Emily both have goals to write more. Amanda wants to write a poem and a half a day for the next year, while Emily wants to write for National Write a Novel Month (NaNoWriMo), which is usually in November, but she is going to do it from now until her mission on May 18th. Here is were you can follow us in our goals! Leave comments, encouragement, and what ever else you feel like.

Saturday, April 23, 2011

Alternate History

I want to write us an alternate ending.

Something that rolls off the tongue a bit better,

And leaves the heart not feeling so bitter.

One where I’m a summer dream

Tree nymph climbing through the branches of your heart.

One where you’re concerned.

Concerned with anything, but especially me.

Where you’re not some lazy idiot

But someone who cares enough to fight.

And instead of leaving for our separate states

We’d have found some way to stay together and in love

But that is not reality

And I can’t write that.

When I try to reshape history the truth become clear

And instead of a deeply romantic moving tale

I’m left with some limp sad mess.

So I won’t rewrite history.

Make either of us out to something we will not be.

But know I would’ve liked something a bit different.

It was not reality,

But reality never felt real anyways.

No comments:

Post a Comment