What's going on here?

What's going on here?
Well Amanda and Emily both have goals to write more. Amanda wants to write a poem and a half a day for the next year, while Emily wants to write for National Write a Novel Month (NaNoWriMo), which is usually in November, but she is going to do it from now until her mission on May 18th. Here is were you can follow us in our goals! Leave comments, encouragement, and what ever else you feel like.

Sunday, April 24, 2011

(2/2) Kaleidoscope Eyes

Its funny how my brain works.

Running at mile a minute speeds at one point

And then sluggishly dawdling along the next.

It likes to go back in time and visit things I can no longer see.

But then jump to the future and get stuck there.

It hates the present.

Always has

And I think it always will.

I’m always one step behind or two steps ahead.

Never breathing in the air I am surrounded by

But rather smelling the scent of summer in the frosty winter months

Either the one before or the one ahead.

I don’t know what it is.

Something about the having to be present and active in the moment

That scares me.

I would rather be able to look back

Or crane my neck up above the walls of today and peer into the future.

So its not that I’m mad, or disappointed with the present,

No its just that the future and the past are easier to see.

One is all clear cut shapes and defined boundaries

That I can skew and twist however I’d like.

The other is foggy and unclear

But allows for daydreams to become prominent.

I lay back on my bed and unfocus my eyes

And stare blankly ahead as moments flash by.

Those that have happened and brought me joy

And those that do not exist.

But that’s not painful at all.

It’s how the dreamers persist.

With a mind full of a fictional past and a just as fictional future

Nothing can ease the pains of today

Quite so easily as the dreams of future and past can.

No comments:

Post a Comment