What's going on here?

What's going on here?
Well Amanda and Emily both have goals to write more. Amanda wants to write a poem and a half a day for the next year, while Emily wants to write for National Write a Novel Month (NaNoWriMo), which is usually in November, but she is going to do it from now until her mission on May 18th. Here is were you can follow us in our goals! Leave comments, encouragement, and what ever else you feel like.

Tuesday, March 27, 2012

Crows

Remember the night we took our measuring sticks
And we measured our pain against each other’s?

It was like a mirror.

Opposites reflecting down infinite hallways of who we could’ve become.
And I remember thinking
“You’re just like me.”
And I wondered if you thought the same.
Because from there on out you trusted me.
You saw where I had been and knew its where you’d gone.

But now you flittered off.
Like some strange snow white dove.
We were crows together.

Banished and black.

And now you’ve rolled in the flour outside the baker’s door
And pretending you’re a dove.
But I know better.
I know you’re a crow just like me.
And there is no shame in it.
No shame at all.
Its what we were born to be.

So when the flour wears off.
And you fly back to your crow home.
I’ll welcome you back
Because we once measured our pain against each other’s
And it came out just the same.
Just the same. 

No comments:

Post a Comment