What's going on here?

What's going on here?
Well Amanda and Emily both have goals to write more. Amanda wants to write a poem and a half a day for the next year, while Emily wants to write for National Write a Novel Month (NaNoWriMo), which is usually in November, but she is going to do it from now until her mission on May 18th. Here is were you can follow us in our goals! Leave comments, encouragement, and what ever else you feel like.

Tuesday, March 20, 2012

The Only Man I Ever Loved

The only man I’ve ever loved  and whose ever loved me in return
Could be dying alone in a hospital bed right now.
Andy you want to know what is wrong.
You want to know what the hell is wrong?!?
I feel like I have my feet on separate tectonic plates.
Like every second I stand still
I am being pulled farther apart.
And my legs?
My legs are screaming at me to run.
To get out of here.
Forget myself
Forget my name.
Forget the only man who has ever loved me.
But I can’t do that to him.
The one person in this whole world
Who makes me feel like I am something
Needs me more than he knows.
And my pulse is pounding.
And my legs are twitching
But I remain motionless
Over tectonic plates moving opposite directions.
As the only man I’ve ever loved
And who has ever loved me in return
Is quietly awaiting his diagnoses.
So don’t ask me what is wrong.
Because I don’t even have the strength to open my mouth. 

No comments:

Post a Comment