What's going on here?

What's going on here?
Well Amanda and Emily both have goals to write more. Amanda wants to write a poem and a half a day for the next year, while Emily wants to write for National Write a Novel Month (NaNoWriMo), which is usually in November, but she is going to do it from now until her mission on May 18th. Here is were you can follow us in our goals! Leave comments, encouragement, and what ever else you feel like.

Tuesday, March 27, 2012

Muse?

Even if I can never have you
I am proud that I love you.
I wrote a lot of poems about you.
Scratched enough ink onto paper to fill oceans.
Funny thing is you were so fleeting
Just a brief moment in this last year.
There were moments I loved you
And moments I hated you
And everything inbetween
And whenever I sat to write a poem
It was your face I sketched out in ink.
And I don’t know if you know that.
But its really not that important to me anymore.
Because you’re gone
I’m standing
And I’m still writing.
I thought you were my muse
The one from whom all my inspiration flowed.
But I realized it was me experiencing the life you created
That gave me inspiration.
The whole time it came from me.
So I could write a thousand more poems about you.
I could fill another seven seas with ink
And it still wouldn’t matter.
Because even if you’re the face I’m sketching
I’m the one holding the pen.  

No comments:

Post a Comment