What's going on here?

What's going on here?
Well Amanda and Emily both have goals to write more. Amanda wants to write a poem and a half a day for the next year, while Emily wants to write for National Write a Novel Month (NaNoWriMo), which is usually in November, but she is going to do it from now until her mission on May 18th. Here is were you can follow us in our goals! Leave comments, encouragement, and what ever else you feel like.

Tuesday, March 27, 2012

Its Almost Been a Year

It’s almost been a year now.
A year since I stood on a street corner and I cried.
Witnessed by my mother on the phone
And 3 pigeons across the street.
A year since I was defamed and ashamed for doing what I thought was right.
A year since I was accused of being just the person I feared I was.

And its still affecting.
A year and I still replay that moment at that picnic table.
I still replay what it felt like.
I still replay the surreal nature of it all.
And I regret it happened.
I regret that awful thing will travel with me through this life.
And I won’t say I was wholly right.
I won’t say I was without blame.
But I can say that it changed me.
And it changed me for good.
So I just hope that it doesn’t keep me from where I want to be.
I just hope it doesn’t hold me back.
Because I let the pain of it do that for so long.
And I’ve finally come out the other side much more strong.

No comments:

Post a Comment