What's going on here?

What's going on here?
Well Amanda and Emily both have goals to write more. Amanda wants to write a poem and a half a day for the next year, while Emily wants to write for National Write a Novel Month (NaNoWriMo), which is usually in November, but she is going to do it from now until her mission on May 18th. Here is were you can follow us in our goals! Leave comments, encouragement, and what ever else you feel like.

Thursday, March 29, 2012

The 500th Poem

I remember when I started this.
The moment this sounded like a good idea.
My face numb from the freezing rain
As I walked across this tiny town.
I remember thinking I could never do it
But I’d try nonetheless.
I thought there wouldn't be enough inspiration
To spread across the last 12 months
But here we are.
I wrote more than I imagined I could about my heart.
Not enough about my past.
All too much about that certain boy.
 But I’ve done it.
500 poems in a year.
500 poems like time capsules
Taking me back to where I stood when I wrote them.
500 poems,
Good,
Bad,
Beautiful,
Ugly,
But 500 nonetheless.
And today when I stood in that spot again
Saying goodbye to the past year
And the town that made me
I realized
I’ve got at least 500 more in me.

No comments:

Post a Comment