What's going on here?

What's going on here?
Well Amanda and Emily both have goals to write more. Amanda wants to write a poem and a half a day for the next year, while Emily wants to write for National Write a Novel Month (NaNoWriMo), which is usually in November, but she is going to do it from now until her mission on May 18th. Here is were you can follow us in our goals! Leave comments, encouragement, and what ever else you feel like.

Thursday, February 9, 2012

A Perfect Kind of Love

I won’t love you perfectly.
I’ll tell you that right now.
I will break and fall apart.
I will scream and cry.
I will even give up a few times.
I am far from perfect.
But that doesn’t mean I don’t love you
In fact it means I love you more.
I’m not going to pretend to be some perfect woman vision for you
And I don’t expect you to be some macho man with axe in hand.
No you will be you as long as I get to be me.
We will fight
We will scream
We will cry
But most of all we will love.
I look forward to the honey moon months.
The times we stare into each others eyes
And only ever find ourselves there.
But I look forward more to the quiet months.
The months when the kids are gone
And we are aging
When a date out means a quick meal
And home by 9 o’clock to sit on the couch in our pajamas and watch tv.
I do not demand constant adoration
But consistent love is what I expect.
I do not seek the perfect man
Because I am not a perfect woman.
But baby we are going to love each other perfectly
And not the Hollywood perfect
But the way you and I are perfect. 

No comments:

Post a Comment