What's going on here?

What's going on here?
Well Amanda and Emily both have goals to write more. Amanda wants to write a poem and a half a day for the next year, while Emily wants to write for National Write a Novel Month (NaNoWriMo), which is usually in November, but she is going to do it from now until her mission on May 18th. Here is were you can follow us in our goals! Leave comments, encouragement, and what ever else you feel like.

Friday, February 10, 2012

Emotional Puzzle Pieces

Today was like explaining how to put a puzzle together
To someone who’d never seen,
never felt,
 never had the opportunity to fall apart so completely
 they didn’t know what the pieces looked like.
Trying to explain how the pieces aren’t fitting right.
I’ve got a pile of the ones I’ve already smooshed together
Trying to find some way to fit them back together.
Because I got a foggy idea of what this is supposed to look like
But none of the pieces are fitting
And I’m just left with sore fingers and a brain tied into knots.
I wish I could explain to you what it is like
But as I tried to let the words form
All I got was tears.
So I’m sorry I couldn’t make it sound straight
Couldn’t explain in words eloquent enough
Why I can’t stand
Why I can’t speak
Why I can’t even leave this house
But I’m trying.
Oh am I trying.

No comments:

Post a Comment