What's going on here?

What's going on here?
Well Amanda and Emily both have goals to write more. Amanda wants to write a poem and a half a day for the next year, while Emily wants to write for National Write a Novel Month (NaNoWriMo), which is usually in November, but she is going to do it from now until her mission on May 18th. Here is were you can follow us in our goals! Leave comments, encouragement, and what ever else you feel like.

Monday, December 26, 2011

Hate

I’ve shed enough tears for that.
For him.
For the man who made me a tear stained childhood
Out of harsh words and unseen scars.
And honestly I gave that away a long time ago.
Handed it to the universe and said
“Do with it what you will.
I am done with it now.”
So I’m sorry you’ve got it chained to your wrist.
Perpetually reminded of the things you remember
That I blocked out.
Perpetually dragged down by the things that he did
That I have forgotten.
I am sorry you’re still seeing all the faults and cracks in the world.
I strained my eyes looking so hard at them.
Doctor said if I kept looking at it all I’d lose my sight.
So I look at the bright places.
The happy spaces.
I know the cracks are there.
I know the scars still exist.
I know he is still a broken flawed human who deserves no respect from me.
But I can’t hold the hate in these hands anymore.
I can’t spread my fingers wide enough
To keep it all from spilling out and drowning me in it.
I can’t keep hating him
If I am ever going to learn to love anyone. 

No comments:

Post a Comment