What's going on here?

What's going on here?
Well Amanda and Emily both have goals to write more. Amanda wants to write a poem and a half a day for the next year, while Emily wants to write for National Write a Novel Month (NaNoWriMo), which is usually in November, but she is going to do it from now until her mission on May 18th. Here is were you can follow us in our goals! Leave comments, encouragement, and what ever else you feel like.

Monday, November 7, 2011

Perfect Day to Just Drive Away

Why can’t things be like we imagined when we were children.
Where we could spread our fingers wide,
Thumb to thumb
Pinkies outstretched
And close the distance between Utah and Detroit and Seattle and Idaho and all of the places I’d ever known.
Yes why can’t things be like I dreamed them.
Like if you really love something you will be successful.
Like if you graduate you will find a job.
Like if you love someone you will see them everyday.
Like if you want something down to the core of your bones you will find it.
Why can’t life be easier than it is?
Because I told myself my whole life
That I would make it out.
That I would find the edge of reality
And I would dance along it’s edges.
Somewhere between such a child
And still an adult.
But things have been pushing down on me.
Things like
Separation.
Responsibility.
Employment.
And I’ve never felt so lost.
So today would be a perfect day
to pack everything up
and just drive away.

No comments:

Post a Comment