What's going on here?

What's going on here?
Well Amanda and Emily both have goals to write more. Amanda wants to write a poem and a half a day for the next year, while Emily wants to write for National Write a Novel Month (NaNoWriMo), which is usually in November, but she is going to do it from now until her mission on May 18th. Here is were you can follow us in our goals! Leave comments, encouragement, and what ever else you feel like.

Friday, October 21, 2011

I Wish I Had the Answer

I wish I had the answer to us.
This waltz that we do.
It’s not fair to either of us this constant tug-o-war on heart strings.
 At one point I was ready to be someone else.
 Someone full and complete.
I was ready to be that person for you
But I know differently now.
I am a current work.
 Something never quite done.
Undergoing constant construction.
 You need stable.
 You need solid ground.
You need a kitchen and 2.5 kids.
 I need open air.
 I need the constant rush of the world around me.
I need to breathe in something new every day.
 Or I wither and die.
 I am no longer the girl you fell in love with.
 The girl that remains then is a hollow shell.
 I wish you knew how badly I wanted it to workout.
I wish you knew what it was for me to be willing to sacrifice my whole self.
But for now it will never be.
So some nights I miss the feel of your body next to mine.
 Sometimes I miss your intertwining fingers.
 But if know I can never have them back.

No comments:

Post a Comment